• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers? Clipping mask?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reading my post and sorry for my lack of knowledge. I've tried to research as much as I could prior to posting but I don't know all the terminology and don't really understand. I currently have Photoshop Elements.

My question is regarding product photography editing. I took multiple photos of a product in the same position and same size frame. The only difference in all of the photos is the lighting.

i'd like to stack all of the photos and then peel off (delete) certain portions of each photo to make one photo.

i can get all of the photos in the layer column but don't exactly know what function I need. Unfortunately I've done product photography without PS and this is my first exposure. 

sorry for the long post and thank you if someone replies 

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

You state: "I'd like to stack all of the photos and then peel off (delete) certain portions of each photo to make one photo."

To do that, try the following:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter the dimensions for the composite photo, and for resolution enter 240px/in
  2. Open your photo A and use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool or selection brush, to select product A, then go to Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  3. Go back to the blank file from step #1 and go to Edit>paste
  4. Open photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to see one of your product photos and, unless it's obvious, to better understand exactly what changes you think would improve it.  It may also help to know which version of Photoshop Elements you're working with.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You could also try exploring Photomerge Exposure. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Guided>Photomerge>Photomerge Exposure edit?  It sounds like it will fit your needs and it will also give you some understanding of how to do it yourself in the Expert mode.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.01.08_00h37m05s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You state: "I'd like to stack all of the photos and then peel off (delete) certain portions of each photo to make one photo."

To do that, try the following:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter the dimensions for the composite photo, and for resolution enter 240px/in
  2. Open your photo A and use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool or selection brush, to select product A, then go to Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  3. Go back to the blank file from step #1 and go to Edit>paste
  4. Open photo B, select product B, Edit>copy, then Edit>paste on the blank file
  5. At this point you should have 3 layers: Background layer, and layer with product A and another with product B
  6. Activate the move tool to position A & B
  7. Continure with C, D,E, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines