• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profiles in ACR for Elements 2019?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding lens profiles for Panasonic GX85 which I believe are contained within the downloaded RAW files.

Are the corrections automatically applied in ACR for Elements? Or not at all as there is no visible indication?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as far as i know, the photoshop shop elements acr version respects the built-in lens correction profiles in cameras such as yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Have also searched via Google and can come up with no definitive answer. I went out and took a few photos in Raw + JPEG and when viewed at 100% in ACR can see no differences that would be attributable to lens correction being applied, or not. Corrections  baked in camera to both RAW and Jpeg could also be the case. After adjusting the RAW a bit in ACR , I looked at the xmp file which was inconclusive to me- one line shows- LensProfileEnable="0", another line-LensProfileSetup="LensDefaults".

Interestingly- the same "photo styles" aka profiles that can be applied in camera on the GX85, can also be selected on the Profiles menu in ACR, in addition to the Adobe profiles. So, I'll just assume that any lens corrections in RAW are being handled automatically behind the scenes, either by the camera, or ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines