• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for "fill from history"

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Photoshop for a VERY long time, but recent monetary issues has led me to buy elements because I can't afford to pay the fee every month.  So I'm trying to see what's the same and what's difference, and two things have jumped out at me so far:

• Can you not do a fill with the saved history in elements?  I see content-aware and pattern, but no history.

• I do some shape manipulation with transform, and it doesn't bring up a grid and allow you to freely manipulate the shape and pattern you have selected.

I'm sure I'm just missing something, as both of these "features" are pretty basic.  Can someone help me out?

TOPICS
Actions , Feature request , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fill from history.

I don't need such a feature, it's easy to master using history:

- in the history palette, go back to the desired step.

- File duplicate (flattened)

- back to original, open last step

- from the photo bin, drag the duplicate to the last step file. Play with that new layer with masks, blend modes, opacity...

Managing shapes: Yes, Elements does little for vector files, only text and basic shape management. No pen tool.

To get an idea, have a look at how many missing Photoshop features are recovered from the very affordable Elements+ add-on.

https://elementsplus.net/

Don't hesitate to ask in this forum for possible workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines