• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of print options

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using an older printer, HP D5460 and when I come to print from Elements 2021, the dropdown list of paper sizes is blank.  I am using windows 10 version 2004.  can anyone help

Regards

John

TOPICS
Actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

What happens when you print via Organizer?

Do the various paper sizes show up when you attempt to print from another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Than narrows it down to some extent. Peru Bob has been silent for a while - - perhaps he has some ideas for a fix. Organizer print is ok. Editor print is deficient. Print driver would appear to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the printer driver is not compatible with Photoshop Elements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this:

Restore default preferences
Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.
A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your response.  No that did not work,

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP has a driver for your printer that is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  I have looked on HP's site and can only find the original driver.  can you give me a pointer on how to obtain it.

Regards John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plugged in your printer and it says "Detected Windows 10 64 bit", then offered driver v. 14.8.0, release date Aug. 22, 2014.

Of course, WIN 10 had not been developed in 2014!!

Consider calling HP support for help. Let us know how you make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above, are you printing via Editor or via Organizer? The print engines are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via the editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you print via Organizer?

Do the various paper sizes show up when you attempt to print from another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Organiser is not a part of the program that I normally use.  Yes the print options do appear.

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than narrows it down to some extent. Peru Bob has been silent for a while - - perhaps he has some ideas for a fix. Organizer print is ok. Editor print is deficient. Print driver would appear to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use the Organizer, but I suppose if it prints from there, you may have to do it that way.

I suspect it is a driver incompatibility issue, as I believe that the printer is interfaced differently with the Editor than the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines