• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac catalog from Elements 14 to Elements 2021

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a new configuration - new to me Mac laptop. I had to purchase Elements 2021 to run on this computer. When I try to use the catalog from Elements 14 I can't (it's grayed out). For 5 years I've used Elements so I have so much data (tags and such) that I desperately don't want to lose. 

Old computer was a Mac Book. This new one is also a Mac Book. Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please don't worry, you have not lost your catalog. You will have to 'convert' your Elements 14 catalog to Elements 2021, to use it in Elements 2021. To convert your catalog:

• Launch Elements Organizer 2021
  • Select File > Manage Catalogs.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1606752501477.png

• Click Convert.

• Select the catalog  from the list that is displayed.
  • If your catalog was not at the default location and is not displayed in this list, click on 'Find more catalogs' and browse to your catalog
  • Click Done.

Your catalog will convert to get converted to latest version, while the old one is also retained at the same path with '1' appended after its original name. Please let me know if you face any issue while doing this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! That's what I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines