• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC OS and elements 11

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year I updated my Apple Mas IMAC and recently i tried to open my Photoshop Elements 11 I'd transferred from my previous older IMac. However, it will not open and this appears:

“Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor” needs to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Upon examining the 'detail' it appears it is to do with the fact the the version is 32 bit whilst Apple requires 64. But on the original box the system requirement is '64 bit'. I am confused and there also seems to be confusion on the sites.

One solution proposed is to reload and 64 will be chosen. Also since I have a registered product can I purchase an upgrade? Before I go and purchase a DVD machine to load DVDs to my new Mac have we a definitive answer please?

Regards

David

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions, the installer is a 32-bit program.
32bit application does not work on macOS 10.15 or later, but installation itself is not possible.

Version 11 is guaranteed to work with OS X 10.6 to 10.8, so it's the same as not working in the current environment.

You should buy a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for this. A clear reason thanks.

Can I buy an upgrade though as I have a registered copy? This would be around half the cost fir me in the UK

David

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have registered your existing product with your Adobe ID, you can purchase the upgraded version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines