• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Catalina and photoshop elements 18

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have not seen or even read about Adobe Application Manager going 64 bit... will that mean my Photoshop Elements 18 will not be supported in the new MacOS?  I really do not want to jump on the software rental train. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since adobe is probably not going to comment on Catalina until it's released to the public, i'd hold off upgrading till you see what runs and what doesn't.

i imagine there will plenty of users posting here about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've only known about it for over a year with Mojave.  I'm seriously wondering if Adobe will drop support for elements and require a CC subscription.. or even make photoshop elements 20 a subscription based software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the official release of MacOS Catalina.  My full versions of 2019 Elements and Premiere Elements still work.

HOWEVER, tthe Adobe Application Manager is dead.  MacOS Catalina reported this when I upgraded.  It also mentioned 2 other apps (not Adobe apps) that would not run and they don't.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PS Elements 2019 on my iMac (Catalina) and PHE does not open, what is the secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the only photoshop elements that "officially" works on Catalina is pse 2020.

You can however try the workaround posted here for pse 2019:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/a-letter-to-our-photoshop-elements-users/td-p/1066...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are thinking of running on macOS 10.15, you need to upgrade to the 2020 version for a fee.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you charge faithful customers FULL price for an update to continue running your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific version of the application is expected to run only on operating systems that can be used during development.
Elements products prior to 2019 are not expected to be used on macOS 10.15.
In addition, software is not permanently supported.
Adobe is a profit-making company, not a volunteer, so it's natural to get the price to use it in a new environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often, already installed apps like PSE 2019 and PRE 2019 which are 64 bit will continue to work after upgrading MacOS. It is the installer and licencing apps that are 32 bit. So if yours are working OK just ensure you never sign out from the help menu. If you ever need to uninstall the software you could use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. But you can never re-install on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Adobe is a money making company, BUT...my purchase of the Elements package was a mere 2 months ago. It is VERY wrong not to offer an update for free or a small fee. Basically if I update I will pay for that update what I paid foir the original! Come on Adobe do the right thing! If you knew that it would not work with Catalina that should have been included on the information page !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS 10.15 was not released when you purchased it.
MacOS 10.14 will be supported for another two years.

In this case, it is also an influence of Apple's policy, so you should consider that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

I purchased Adobe Premiere elements 2019 and it won't work on Mac OS Catalina. I called Adobe they said I have to downgrade my Mac or pay 100 dollar for a upgrade. So unfair! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So blame Apple. They dropped support for the 32 bit components required to run PSE 2019.

When exactly did you buy PSE 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply. 
I bought it in April 2019.
I hardly used it. Now I want to pick up my holiday videos and does er work any more. 

If I have to paid for a update it is okay for me but not almost the whole price. why not a flexible update price, depending on which program (2017/2018/2019) you come from?

And not updating my Mac OS for a couple of years is no option for me. adobe has known for a long time that Catalina is coming (without 32bit)

And ... Elements 2019 is still for sale on the Adobe site.

So please adobe give me a free update or for max 30 dollars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple decided to stop 32bit operation at 10.15 when it was released 10.14.
Software makers would not have been informed until the 10.14 release.
Appl has suddenly lost compatibility without thinking about the surroundings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, but why is this my problem? release a fix for 2019 software or give free a good discount (like 30 bucks) for an upgrade to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember once NOT upgrading Snow Leopard to Lion because it would have made my Adobe CS3 app unusable.  That gave me a couple more years of CS3, ending when my iMac finally went up several years later, but it saved me the heart ache I see some of you going through.  Always read up on Apple OS upgrades before you buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just don't buy their crap. I can't even log into the new version of Elements 2020. Their chat support says Elements 2020 doesn't work with Catalina but their web page says it does. Find some other software and stay away from this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was on the Photoshop rental train at $10 per month for 3 years and switched to Elements with no rental fee. I now have Catalina. I will keep my old MacBook Pro if I need Photoshop. I used Photoshop for over 30 years. Now, I hate Adobe. People will see my pictures as I took them. I am 83 yrs. old. Hope I can find a substitute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines