Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Wand Tool Tolerance not working

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am in the middle of an art project using PS Elements 15. The magic wand tool has worked perfectly well for over 200 hours of work. It is a pixel art project, so it is imperative that I am able to select 1 single color with the magic wand tool.

Today, in the middle of my work, the tool's tolerance just stopped working. I didn't mess with any of its settings, it just suddenly stopped working. It is set to 0, as it has always been, but it suddenly is unable to select single colors. It's as if the tolerance is much higher. I am on the correct layer. Anti-aliasing and continous is off. I have reset the tool multiple times. I have restarted my computer, I have tried multiple files. I have no clue how to fix this. Please help me, my work is completely stalled until I get this fixed.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Reset preferences to default as that may fix it.

Go to Edit>Preferences>general and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reset preferences to default as that may fix it.

Go to Edit>Preferences>general and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines