• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

managing fonts in PSE

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are fonts on a computer that cannot be disabled or deleted because the computer needs them but can I keep them all from being in my type tool in Photo Shop Elements. It becomes overwhelming searching for the font I want when I use the type tool especially since I have even more fonts I downloaded from the internet and added to my font book. Is there a way to only see the fonts I want to use with PSE in my type tool and not all the other fonts I don't even use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

JudyLuecke  wrote

hatstead, you are an Adobe Community Professional. I've looked back through years of forum questions on this issue. Obviously, there is no answer, at this point it is not possible to do what I'm asking. As an Adobe employee, maybe you can take this to Adobe.

Judy,

I am not an Adobe employee, just a user of the software and try to help users like you. Adobe staff posts on this forum from time to time. Suggest that you direct the issue which you reference here;
Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE uses the system fonts. I am unaware of a method to aggregate a few.

Consider uninstalling the fonts which you don't utilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem--There are so many fonts that the computer won't let me 'remove' or 'disable' (most of which I don't use in PSE; I use fonts I have downloaded myself)  and every font in the font book shows up in the list when I use the type tool. I have to scroll through a long list of names of fonts I will never use to find  the fonts I installed and want to use. It's such a pain and takes forever. I've even tried renaming fonts with an 'A' or a '1' in front so they would show up at the top of the list but when you install them into Font Book they automatically revert to name the author gave them. UGH!!! Does anyone know if there is a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead, you are an Adobe Community Professional. I've looked back through years of forum questions on this issue. Obviously, there is no answer, at this point it is not possible to do what I'm asking. As an Adobe employee, maybe you can take this to Adobe. Is there any way in future versions they can have a separate area for fonts used specifically for the program? The user could copy fonts from the system that they want to use and add their own downloaded fonts. This fonts in this folder and only this folder would be recognized and use in the program? I would definitely update to a new version if they offered this. Is there a place were customers can make requests of this nature to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judy, the ACP tile is somewhat misleading.  ACPs do not work for Adobe.  We are just enthusiastic users who are here to help other users.  If you want to submit a feature request for an Adobe program, try going here.

As for your font question, I'm wondering what would happen if you create a new User Account for your computer and delete or don't install the unwanted fonts for that User.  I have no idea what fonts are automatically shared between User Accounts, but it may be worth a try.   (I'm assuming you are using Windows - I don't have a clue about Mac.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JudyLuecke  wrote

hatstead, you are an Adobe Community Professional. I've looked back through years of forum questions on this issue. Obviously, there is no answer, at this point it is not possible to do what I'm asking. As an Adobe employee, maybe you can take this to Adobe.

Judy,

I am not an Adobe employee, just a user of the software and try to help users like you. Adobe staff posts on this forum from time to time. Suggest that you direct the issue which you reference here;
Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines