• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MapBox Problem not compatible with Google Maps Tags

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PSE 17 and previous versions of PSE, I have placed over 10000 photos on Google maps and created keywords and tags for each. When Google mapsbecame no longer supported by PSE 2017, I purchased PSE 2019 and imported my photos and associated tags into PSE 2019. This seemed to work but when I began to add new places, I found some significant bugs:

One example is I have previously created in PSE2017 a category for USA and sub categories for the states and tags for the cities (Example: USA->Florida->Miami). The old key tags work but now when I add a new place name (USA->Florida->Key West), the data base adds a new category (USA->Florida->Key West), So I now have two categories named USA when I simply wanted to add Key West to the original hierarchy in the existing Florida sub-category.

This is just an example of one of my problems. It just seems that Map Box does not recognize the Google map hierarchy and wants to create a new one.

Another problem is that I could not create a category and tag for Havana, Cuba. Is this a  political problem or a MapBox problem?

Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have many examples of MAPBOX inadequacies, here is one of such:

I located  245 St Clair Ave., W., in Toronto and placed 7 photos on that exact location; the Tag assigned to that location is identified as : 'Canada, Ontario, Toronto, Midtown' certainly a much wider area than the specfic location at which the photos were taken.

It makes assigning Place Name Tags virtually meaningless, especially for many locations in Europe an other countries. My photos were taken with cameras which do not have the ability to attach coordinates, but if I do buy a camera with that feature would place name Tags be any more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines