• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration and upgrading Elements

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to move on to a new stationary computer, in that process I will also upgrade from Photoshop/Premiere Elements 18 to 21.

I have about 1 TB of pictures and several versions of Elements in the old computer and wish to start cleen if possible.

What would be the best practise to achieve this?

• Back up from Elements 18) and restore on new computer with Elements 21?
  • Any requirement on the new disk (seize/structure)?
  • Will the Elements 21on the new computer find the data from restore even if created with 18? Etc Any guidence and thoughts appriciated

Jan

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great reading!

Final question is to cover the jump in elements version. Do I need to have the same version of Elements on the new computer to be able to restore or can that be done from the latest Element 21?

Thank for support

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

The restore process restores both the photo/video files and the catalog. At the end of the process, the catalog is automatically 'converted' to the new version of Elements. If you miss that opportunity, you can start it later from the catalog manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines