• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Files on Loading Images

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just loaded some new 20 images and they have all come up with missing file, unfotunately I tick the box "delete after loading" so no data on the card

I am using Elements 18

Thanks

Roger

UK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is not lost.  There are many utilities that can recover deleted images from a memory card.  There are even some free ones out there.  Here is one that appears to be genuine.  (I have never used it.)

What OS are you using? Were you watching the import process as it was happening?  Did it complete?  Were there any errors that were reported, such as the files were damaged?  Can you look at the intended storage location for the files on import to see whether the files were saved? 

Hopefully, you have learned from your experience never to use the option to delete from your card before you know that the files have been properly saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated. I quit Elements and then wait for an hour before reloading, because if I reload straight away it bombs out.

Once it reloaded as if by magic they were all there, happy days

Yes i was watching the process and the images showed on the screen but when complete al those "?s"

Thanks again

Roger

UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines