• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new laptop, specifically to display my photos at higher quality. I downloaded Elements 19 to my new laptop. None of my photos were there so I imported them from a hard drive backup. But most of them are labelled as missing. Elements searches for them but can't find them. What's even more puzzling is that it's not all of them. But it is most of them. If I can't get them back it defeats the purpose of my having bought a laptop with a better-quality screen ..... can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the catalog originally compiled with the photos on the external drive? If not: just put em in the same location on the new computer.   I told my computer to just look in c:\ pictures, for example.  If you had the photos scattered all over the place on the old computer, you're probably up the creek with a paddle....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, but the honest answer is I don't know. The pictures folder on my new laptop appears to be pretty much empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines