Highlighted

Missing Photos

New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Elements 11 on Windows 7.  I have had no "missing photo" problem in the 30 or more years that I have had PS Elements.  Recently I noticed that hundreds of photos are missing.  I have not done anything that I am aware of to cause this problem.  When I try to connect a photo I have no luck.  My photos are kept in Documents > Pictures.  Any suggestions for finding these lost photos?  Thanks.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Photos

New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Elements 11 on Windows 7.  I have had no "missing photo" problem in the 30 or more years that I have had PS Elements.  Recently I noticed that hundreds of photos are missing.  I have not done anything that I am aware of to cause this problem.  When I try to connect a photo I have no luck.  My photos are kept in Documents > Pictures.  Any suggestions for finding these lost photos?  Thanks.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the missing files all contained in the same folder or are they in different folders?   Are the missing files randomly spread through your catalog or can you find any pattern to the files that are missing?  What have you tried to do to connect the missing photos?

I would suggest identifying the name of a missing file and doing a search of your computer for the file.  You can use the Windows Search facility.  I can also recommend a free search utility called Everything which you can download here.

Your catalog may have become corrupt.  Try doing a Repair and Optimization of your catalog in the Manage Catalogs dialog:

Snap10_2019.05.22_15h08m37s_001_.png

(I don't have Elements 11 on my machine but I don't think the Manage Catalogs dialog has changed.)

(BTW, Elements has not been around for 30 years.  )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 0