Highlighted

Missing some magic

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic Extractor is documented thus:

Open the photo containing the object you want to extract.

To limit what appears in the Magic Extractor dialog box, make a preliminary selection using the Oval or Rectangular selection tool.
Choose Image > Magic Extractor.
The Magic Extractor dialog box opens with the Foreground Brush tool selected by default.

However after making my preliminary selection there is nothing on the menu (Image > Magic Extractor). Any ideas?

Using Photoshop Elements 2020 in Windows.

Thx

The Magic Extractor was removed several years ago. Photoshop Elements 2020 now has a new guided edit “Object removal” which uses content aware technology. See my blog YouTube video tutorial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing some magic

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic Extractor is documented thus:

Open the photo containing the object you want to extract.

To limit what appears in the Magic Extractor dialog box, make a preliminary selection using the Oval or Rectangular selection tool.
Choose Image > Magic Extractor.
The Magic Extractor dialog box opens with the Foreground Brush tool selected by default.

However after making my preliminary selection there is nothing on the menu (Image > Magic Extractor). Any ideas?

Using Photoshop Elements 2020 in Windows.

Thx

The Magic Extractor was removed several years ago. Photoshop Elements 2020 now has a new guided edit “Object removal” which uses content aware technology. See my blog YouTube video tutorial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 1
TerryBB LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this. Just updated from 9 to 2020. regretting it already.

Magic extractor was so much easier to use to take a bit of image, with no backgrouind, to use elsewhere. Which is pretty fundamental.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Guess their documentation needs updating..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0