• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More ways to delete unconnected photos?

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to do a back up or a request to write the EXIF data to photos I always get told that some or many are not connected & this invariably starts a long sequence where the program tries to find pictures for reconnecting.  This can take a long time.

I feel that there is or should be an easier way to do this.

I more often than not find my looking at the thumbnails that the vast majority of these thumbnails could just be deleted from catalog.  Is there any way I can just get delete some or all them from the proffered displayed list without having to rerun the entire process multiple times?

Is there an option to just delete all unconnected pictures?  If not why not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had another thought.  Would it be possible to still display all thumbnails in library & flag those files are unnonnected and then giving one the option of selection the photos I wish to delete from library?  Perhaps I see 5 I wish to delete & I do so but all remaing thumbnails are still displayed and I can then slowly go through all thembails deleting unconneced ones as I go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you select Find>All missing files.  This will find all disconnected files.   You can then browse, select and delete them in the grid.  If you want to delete all of them, select one in the grid - not full screen view - and hit Ctrl+A, followed by the Delete key.

Edited post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! A Ctrl+A in Windows selects ALL. That may not be what was intended.
--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting all missing files from the catalog is a frequent question.

Greg:

Maybe edit your answer while splitting it into the original question answer plus separately mentioning your way to delete all?

I think that when you want to delete all (which may be frequent) you don't need to browse the thumbnails, so I suggest to use the small icon on top of the reconnect dialog to display the drop down menu enabling select all and/or delete all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wchettel, I was focusing on the title to the thread which suggested that the OP wanted to delete all disconnected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michel, until the new forum software is fixed/updated, I suggest that you respond to a reply by using the blue Reply button attached to the original post.  Otherwise, your reply to a reply post will get buried.  In this thread, your reply is not visible but is buried in a nested response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michel, until the new forum software is fixed/updated, I suggest that you respond to a reply by using the blue Reply button attached to the original post. Otherwise, your reply to a reply post will get buried. In this thread, your reply is not visible but is buried in a nested response.

Thanks for this very good tip, Greg.

I can see all the answers only if I find the line 'show all answers' (Afficher toutes les réponses' in my French W10) somewhere in the discussion. That shows the answers to individual posts in the discussion. Waiting for the new forum version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines