• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move data from Photoshop 11 to current version on new computer

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 on Windows 7. I am upgrading to Windows 10 and a current version of Photoshop Elements. 1) What verson of Photoshhop should I install.  2.)How do I go about transferring all pictures, caption and notes. 3.) What is the difference between Export/Import and  Backup and Restore.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop forum to Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Adobe only sells the current version, PSE 2021 (version 19.0). Verify the system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

2) Use the backup and restore process:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

3) Backup and restore saves your media files and your catalog in a 'backup' folder which is NOT a simple copy of those files, it's all the resources you need to be able to restore the media files and the catalog where you want, keeping the links in the catalog valid on the new location (disk, partition, new master folde...)

Exporting means creating copies or new versions of your selected files into a single destination folder.

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/user-guide.html/elements-organizer/using/export-photos-fo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your timely and comprehensive  answer. I will review the guidlines and  let you knoe if I have more questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Purchase Photoshop Elements 21. If you registered the product, you may get a discount towards the new version from Adobe as a repeat customer. But check for price in the box stores and Amazon.

2. Review this tech note:

Move Elements Organizer catalog (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines