Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going crazy.
example:
I have three layers
layer 3
layer 2
layer 1
From the layers menu I select layer 1 (which is below layer 2 and 3) and when I want to move it with the move tool, layer 3 moves, I have to hide layers 2 and 3 to be able to move layer 1, no I know if this can be deactivated since this did not happen to me before.

thanks

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure whether you are trying to move the order of the layers in the layers panel, or whether after selecting a layer in the layer panel you click in the image and try to move the position of a layer. 

If you are having a problem moving the lowest layer in the panel, make sure it is not a background layer which cannot be moved until you convert it to a normal layer (with a double-click).

If you are having a problem selecting a layer in the image window, try changing your options for the move tool in the tool bin.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.15_01h00m55s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out. 

What the person is asking is how to make sure the only layer that is moved is the selected layer. PS changed the behavior that regardless of the layer you have selected whatever you click it moves, and that is maddening, especially if all of the items are on top of each other and you are trying to move only the selected layer. 

I personally want to turn that feature off. It is multiplying the amount of time I am using to do a simple task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sselect the move tool and then at the top where the preferences are unselect the box that says auto-select.

Hope this helps someone out that comes accross this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines