Highlighted

Move Photoshop Elements between two computers

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have just purchased a new computer and want to move my program from my old one to ther new one.

I have the original program disk and the license, but unfortunately the new computer has no disk reader.

I copied the program on an USB-memory and entered it to my new computer, but I get the message that

there is a problem with the licence (which I do not know where to eneter...). Problem 6 is referred to.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to solve this problem.

All the best

leffe

Many thanks for all the different suggestions. However I realized that i have more old programs on disks,

so I took the easy way out - purchased a cheap disk reader/writer and used my original disk and licence.

The program is now working fine.

Thanks  //Leffe

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move Photoshop Elements between two computers

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have just purchased a new computer and want to move my program from my old one to ther new one.

I have the original program disk and the license, but unfortunately the new computer has no disk reader.

I copied the program on an USB-memory and entered it to my new computer, but I get the message that

there is a problem with the licence (which I do not know where to eneter...). Problem 6 is referred to.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to solve this problem.

All the best

leffe

Many thanks for all the different suggestions. However I realized that i have more old programs on disks,

so I took the easy way out - purchased a cheap disk reader/writer and used my original disk and licence.

Thanks  //Leffe

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

You'll be asked for the reg info included with your DVD so don't lose it (ever).  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you copied the program. You can't copy the installed app (if that's what you did). It should work to copy the DVD/CD it came on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide the screenshot of the error message you see?

You can see the serial numbers of all products you have purchased from Adobe here after signing in to your account: https://account.adobe.com/products

If you have any issues with USB, you can alternatively download the product installer from here: https://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

After installing the setup downloaded from here, you can enter the serial number mentioned at first link, when prompted to enter. Your license number would also be written on the DVD box you purchased.

Let me know if this solves your issue or have any other queries.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  //Leffe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0