Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved my pictures from 1 drive to another

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Here's my problem. I reinstalled Photoshop Elements to a new computer and restored all my pictures on a location that has a different path than what was recorded in the Catalog database.

Now all my pictures have to be reconnected.

The "reconnect" function reconnect pictures folder by folder. I have more than 300 folders.

Anyway I can make the catalog understand that everything that was under C:\Pictures is now under D:\PSE\Pictures?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Did you use the only recommended way to move your pictures and catalog to a new computer or new drive?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.htm

As you have seen, reconnecting is not a realistic solution for a big library.

My personal advice for managing your photo library is to absolutely avoid using the default Windows 'pictures' folder. Create a new master folder just under the main (root) folder of the destination drive to store your photo/vi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the only recommended way to move your pictures and catalog to a new computer or new drive?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.htm

As you have seen, reconnecting is not a realistic solution for a big library.

My personal advice for managing your photo library is to absolutely avoid using the default Windows 'pictures' folder. Create a new master folder just under the main (root) folder of the destination drive to store your photo/video files.

The other important advice for safety is to store your library (as well as your other documents) in a separate drive or partition than the main drive with your Operating System and programs. So, if you have (or can create) a full backup from your old computer, simply choose your new 'custom' master folder location and restore there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured it out. Instead of clicking the button to manually reconnect I decided to let the system search by itself for all pictures. It took some time but it finally reconnected all of my pictures automatically.

But thank you Michel for your advice. Will probably try that for future possible computer switch!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines