• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved photos - do i need to do something in Organizer to reflect that

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reasons I won't go into, my 14,000 photos were in folders buried in Pictures\saved pictures\pictures.  I moved them to Pictures.  Will this cause a program with organizer, which still reflects the old folder system?  What do I need to do, or do I need to move them back?

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

All folder and file management must take place within the Organizer's Folders panel.  If you move files or rename folders in the OS, the Elements catalog will not know where they are and the files will be "missing" and have to be reconnected.  That can be a time consuming process.  If you are able to do so, I would move everything back to its original position and use the Organizer to make any changes you wish to make. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All folder and file management must take place within the Organizer's Folders panel.  If you move files or rename folders in the OS, the Elements catalog will not know where they are and the files will be "missing" and have to be reconnected.  That can be a time consuming process.  If you are able to do so, I would move everything back to its original position and use the Organizer to make any changes you wish to make. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. I’ll try that. I’m new to PSE - wish I had asked before I
acted. 🙃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines