Exit

Moved PSE 19 to new computer and now I can't create/edit slide shows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Prolem statement: 

New slide show (SS) creation defaults to one theme.  During playback it does not respond to the pause button.  It does stop using the esc key,  It allows you to save.    Left panel during playback only shows pallette  and music  icons.   The pallette icon is unresponsive when clicked - slide show keeps running.   Clicking music icon stops show and displays grid of pictures but no control options display to do anything other then restart playback.  No visible controls to allow add new pictures.

Playing/editing (via right mouse click) existing  Slide Shows yields same screens as above.

Curious observation:  When playback is paused by clicking the music icon the upper boundary of ther window (either full screen or reduced) isn't correctly registered to top row of images (a small fraction of image is clipped off)  See attached image.

Discussion:

Slide show creation is a BIG reason I use PSE.  I have had versions going back to 1997 and I have almost a 100 slide shows.

I recently upgraded my computer.  I never had any problems with slide shows on my old computer.

New compute has I5-9400 (internal graphics) with 32 gb ram and 1TD/2TB SSD OS/Storage

No graphics card

I have uninstalled/reinstalled PSE 19

I have turned off all Media anlysis.

I have run repair/optimize, etc with no problems

Number of images in SS makes no difference.

I have 2 displays.  Same problem uswing one or both.

Been running the new computer extensively for over 2 months with no other issues

I have used  Photoshop editor extensively on images with no problems

I have done some video work with Prewmiere Elements with no problems.

I have searched the forum and found some PSE20 discussions that appear to be similar with no obvious resolution.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Organizer , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You seem to have covered all of the obvious problem solutions. Have you tried updating the Intel graphics driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines