• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving folders

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move a folder withing Elements Organiser? I can see "move" listed under the menu item "file", but it is always greyed out! I'm using PSE 2020 on my Mac with iOS Catalina.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Move' option in the File menu is to move files, not folders. It is available as soon as at least a file has been selected in the browsing space.

You can move folders in the same way as your Finder if you display your folders panel in tree view instead of 'view as list' from the small icon on the right of the 'My Folders' title.

You drag and drop a selected folder (together with its subfolders) to another master folder (even in another drive).

A bit of warning, it's best to understand what you are doing to avoid traps, such as moving non photo files as well as photos, moving to a master folder with already a subfolder of the same name. If you want an important reshaping of your folder trees, be sure to have a full organizer backup first.

Also, if all you want is to move a single folder, it's possible to do it from the finder provided you immediately reconnect by browsing to the new location.

There are cases when there are permissions issues for the destination folder: the move will fail in the organizer just the same as with the Finder or Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the left-hand panel there is a choice of albums or folders. Choose the Folders view. Then click the pull-down menu – see web image – and switch to view as a tree. This will mirror the folder structure on your hard drive. You can then drag and drop folders to where you want them and Organizer will automatically update the links in the database.

If you have any folders that are grayed out, it means that they have already been moved outside of Organizer using Finder. Clicking on one of the images within can let Organizer search for the missing location and automatically re-connect the files/folder.

N.B. take care to ensure that the same files/folders are not being referenced within the Apple Photos app.

Tree.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me on moving a subfolder.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines