• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Photoshop Element files to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my old computer I use PSE9.  On my new computer I have installed PE2021.

On my old computer I have all photo files stored in "various custom folders" within the Windows Picture folder.  Selected files saved in these folders are source files for PSE9 Organizer.

My question is: After I have backed up the PSE9 Organizer do I copy the "various custom folders"  from the PSE9 computer to the PSE2021 computer before or after I restore the PSE2021 Organizer on the new computer?  

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Backup process of Elements Organizer backs up the media in the catalog too, and you do not need to take care of it separately.

Please try to restore the catalog in the new machine, and media in catalog will also get restored to your new machine. To know more about backuo-restore, please read this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Let me know if you face any issues while doing this.

Thanks,

Somya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now in a situation similar to the earlier post by billeilers.  I have media file folder all over the place and would like to get all of them that are not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will check out the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all your help I have every thing in order.  Not exactly as I would like, but plenty good.  Thanks again for all who submitted sugestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines