• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving PSE2020 to a new computer - Is it just me?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i bought PSE2020 via the Microsoft Store last year. I now have a new laptop and wish to uninstall/reinstall so i can dispose of the old machine.

BUT....

Microsoft Store no longer lists PSE2020, nor recogises that i have bought it. I have no paperwork, the software shows no serial numbers, codes etc or a place to enter them (it arrived ready to go) , Adobe does not recognise i own it, and the 'find my serialisation' doesn't help ( i never told Adobe i owned it, and didn't use them to download/install). i can't even find a way to contact Adobe via the Support pages as the Contact Us button does not work!

i am totally baffled! Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that you are not alone and that all users of the Microsoft Store version have similar issues.

Not only is Microsoft the "vendor" it's also responsible for the licensing (different terms of use) and the support of what is not the same software: it's a customized version to suit Microsoft requirements.

I don't know the proportion of PSE users choosing the Microsoft software, but there are very few instances showing in the present forum.

There are advantages  with that version but there are drawbacks too. That's particularly true with updates and installation files, but you'll get better support from Adobe or Adobe users here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought from MS because it seemed the most convenient! At the time it was about £5 cheaper, but that wasn't the point.

After a frustrating day with Support from Adobe and MS I am no better off. MS only shows PSE2021, with a note that it can be installed on up to 10 devices, which is useles if they remove it from the store when 2022 is released. Adobe cannot help without an Adobe reference, order or serial code, which MS never gave me. I have the MS order, invoice, and PayPal receipt, but they aren't worth anything now.

So much for the benefits of the cloud! I will stick to buying physical media (I installed PSE5 on at least 5 generations of home computers before buying PSE2020). I always keep multiple copies of music downloads because (as a worker in the industry) I have seen too many problems with losing information, but not to be able to reinstall software i have purchased is  a new one to me. It looks to me as if Adobe and MS have missed the point of the MS store: you should withdraw from sale but either leave the link to install for existing users or at least contact them to offer a download before losing the option.

I am now off to look at free alternatives. PSE is very good, but i am not in a position to throw money at problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me as if Adobe and MS have missed the point of the MS store: you should withdraw from sale but either leave the link to install for existing users or at least contact them to offer a download before losing the option.

Really, Adobe has nothing to say if Microsoft decides to manage its own version of PSE. I don't see either Adobe warning about the risks of choosing the Microsoft version.

You also have to know that even if you are using older Adobe software versions, you may run in problems to re-download old installers if you have not bought the software directly from Adobe. If you have bought from another vendor, you should absolutely keep the installers as well as the license key. I have purchased most of my PSE versions directly from Adobe, and even if I can redownload the installers from my purchases account, I have kept them in my archives.

By the way, for old versions like my PSE6, there has never been available downloads: I had to keep the original CDs to which the license keys were linked, and I also made copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines