• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Much of my PSE 15 does not work, such as the "clone." What's going on?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much of my PSE 15 no longer works. Is there something I missed?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

When you say "no longer works" what exactly happens?

Have you tried resetting the tools or preferences?

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

We need more information about  what is no longer working before we can help you.  Have you made any changes to your computer, e.g. upgraded the operating system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10. It has had several updates. When I try to "clone," a huge circle appears around the part I want to clone and moves, making the picture look like a double exposure. Trying to use the "red eye" removal tool leaves only a black 
circle. Downloading and trying to frame a photograph simply does nothing. It says it is downloading, but nothing appears. These are only three of the problems. Removing backgrounds and mask-unmask do not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "no longer works" what exactly happens?

Have you tried resetting the tools or preferences?

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can now get back to compiling photos for my next family album!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines