Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MULTIPLE THUMBNAILS

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I recently reloaded Elements & Premier 15 on to a new computer and restored all my files from a backup disk, what I'm now finding is that I have multiple thumbnail images ( 2-3 t/nails per image file x 37K files is a lot of t/nails). Is there a way to delete excess thumbnails? I'm not a gun PS operator, so need something reasonably simple.

Thnx in advance …...Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have multiple copies of the files as well as the thumbnails.  In any event, you can delete a file from the Organizer catalog by simply selecting it and pressing the delete key.  When you do this you will be given an option of whether you want to also delete the file from the hard drive.  I suggest you don't do that until you determine why you have multiple thumbnails for each photo, if that is in fact the case.

To determine whether you have multiple copies of the same file, I suggest you make sure that you have the file names showing in the grid (check the View>File Names menu option).  If the file names are the same, then click on the Location link in the Info panel to determine the actual location of the file on the hard drive.

Snap10_2019.06.20_00h56m18s_008_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnxn for your input Greg

I think I have sussed out my problem. I initially reloaded a full back up of files from a portable h/drive that that I did earlier this year, then on realising that all my recent files were not there I reloaded the latest full back up on top of it, which has doubled every thing from the earlier back up down.

I think I will have to delete the entire catalog and reload the latest back up....sound feasible?

Cheers....harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

harryed  wrote

I think I will have to delete the entire catalog and reload the latest back up....sound feasible?

Cheers....harry

Yes, that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines