• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my photoshop elements 9 wont run on my new windwos 10 laptop

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to replace my old laptop 😞  The new laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive.  The installation disk won't run on my new computer.  I've tried turning off the antivirus but that made no difference.  Can't even find a setup.exe on the disc or an autorun.  Please can someone advise?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

You are, of course, using Windows file manager to look on the ROOT of the disc to find the install program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, you have had to replace your old laptop with a new one, but the new computer does not have a DVD drive. Bottom line is that you can not utilize the disk. The work-around is to go on a computer with a disk drive, and copy the disk to a thumb drive, then install via USB.

The next bit perplexes me even more: how do you get to setup.exe & autorun in the absence of the DVD drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you use an external disc drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines