• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help fixing this

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop Elements Photo Editor to edit scanned photos for listing on eBay.  Recently my laptop crashed and now when I open a scanned image it has a white background - but if I rotate the image to get it straight, there is a black background revealed. I know I can use straighten and crop, but I want to be able to crop the photo with space around the edges so the buyer can see there is no damage to the edges - and I don't want that black bg getting in the way. In the example below, I can still crop with only white showing, but sometimes I can't. I'm guessing this has something to do with Layers? but I have no Photoshop training, and can't find a way to fix it.

black_bg_example.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, I would use the Eyedrop tool and option click on the picture's light background > Select the background Black and fill it with the new color from the Eyedrop tool.  It looks like the background color ( Black ) was applied to the Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in Ps, rotate the picture and make sure the new Eyedrop color is set for the background color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably ask this on the PS Elements Forum, since there are some differences between Elements and the full-blown Photoshop.

In Photoshop, you would use the Crop tool, and drag the crops in to eliminate the balck, leaving the white background::

clipboard_image_0.png

You can also do the rotation with the Crop tool. I would imagine the Crop tool in Elements workd similarly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the toolbox colors are set to Black (foreground) and White (background)

An easy way to do that is press the D key to set the default colors in toolbox.

rota.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines