• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Object removal with the Guided Feature.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to remove an object on the guided feature. When I select the area that I want to remove with my tool and click "remove object" it only removes a part of that area BUT it also copies a part of the picture in my selected area. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristina,

Object Removal guided edit leverages the Content-Aware Fill algorithm to remove the selected objects. This algorithm uses the information from the neighbouring regions to fill the void created when the selected object is removed. 

You can use the Spot Healing Brush or the Clone Stamp Tool to fine-tune the output as per your liking. You could also try experimenting with different selections to see what works out the best in your scenario.

If you could post the picture here, you might receive some valuable pointers from our esteemed community members as well!

Hope this helps! Feel free to respond on this thread if you have any further queries, I shall be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Medha, for your great answer. I will try the other options. I thought this was so easy because it looks so easy in the tutorial videos. Here is a snippet of the picture i am trying to work on. 20200220_201139.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Krisitina, for your own security, I have requested that an administrator change your screen name so that it doesn't include your email address.

As Medha has suggested, the Guided Edit depends on some artifiical intelligence to replace the removed object with what it believes would be behind the object.  In order to do this, it must replace the object with portions of the surrounding area.  If the object takes up a large part of the image, the result may be messy.  If the object is set against a sky or in an ocean or green field, the result is more likely to be satisfactory.  How good of a selection you make may also make a difference in the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg for looking out for me. I saw the email address last night when I posted but it was too late to figure out why it hasn't given me a screen name.

Thank you for your thorough response. I was hoping removing an object is really just that easy as it was shown in the tutorial. I will have to do it more often to get better at it. I am beginner so it will take me a while to figure all functions out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg for looking out for me. I saw the email address last night when I posted but it was too late to figure out why it hasn't given me a screen name. Thank you for your thorough response. I was hoping removing an object is really just that easy as it was shown in the tutorial. I will have to do it more often to get better at it. I am beginner so it will take me a while to figure all functions out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristina, I'm afraid it is too difficult to see from your screenshot why the Guided Edit did not give you a satisfactory result.  We would need to see the whole (original) photo and know what you are trying to remove in order to give you some better advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may need to use two or more sweeps with the lasso tool and finish with the clone tool. See if my YouTube video demo helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines