Exit

Need to Download Elements 2018 to a new computer

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 2018 on a dead PC, installed from CD

I have a new PC with no CD Drive 

How do I remove the license from the old PC and Download/Install Elements on the new one?

Thank You

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a few options you can try:

1. Borrow an external DVD drive from a friend 

2. Buy an external DVD drive - they're not too expensive ($25/Ā£20) and useful if you have other older software still on CD/DVD, etc.

3. If you've only installed your copy of Photoshop Elements 2018 on one computer, you should still have one activation left.

4. Failing that (or you just want to get the old computer deactivated anyway) - contact Adobe Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

Click on the little speech bubble icon at the bottom-right of your screen to open up a chat and explain you would like to deactivate your previous installation:

customer care.jpg

5. Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 at the reduced upgrade price of around ($80/Ā£70) or take advantage of the 30% off deal in the US which takes it down to $70 until 14 March.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more option is to copy the DVD to a thumb drive and install via USB on your new machine. This assumes that you have access to a suitable computer at work or elsewhere..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please refer this article to download older versions of Elements: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Order History is visible under Plans tab. Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines