• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEF Files not recognized in Elements 2020

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded JPEG & NEF files from my Nikon D7500 as I always do. I have Elements open the NEF files but this time I get the message about not recognizing this type of file. This happens even with NEF files I worked on a few days ago. What's happening? "Updates" is grayed out so there's nothing to update.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Try resetting preferences.  In the Editor, go to Edit>Preferences>General tab (Ctrl+K in Windows) and click the button to Reset Preferences on next launch.  Close and relaunch the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The weirdest thing is that I didn't do anything except close the program and later in the evening tried it and it worked! Thanks for your quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines