• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Album Categories

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 9 and have been trying to add new album categories to my parent category "Holidays".  When I create the new category it shows up without the "Holidays" icon and I cannot drag any photos into the album.  This is a new problem as previous categories have been created successfully.  How do I overcome this?

Judith

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Check your organizer preferences for "Keyword tags and albums". Check the option for "keyword tag display". 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your organizer preferences for "Keyword tags and albums". Check the option for "keyword tag display". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, Thanks for the suggestion, however I have tried that and it does not work - still no icon and still unable to drag selections to the Album.  I selected the photos, then selected Parent Album, then selected New Album Category and typed in the name of the category.  Then tried to drag the photos across.  What am I doing wrong?     I went to Edit and Preferences and Keyword Tags and Albums.  I get a choice of Keyword Tag Name with a blue label or Keyword Tag Name with a "balloon icon".  One cancels the other out.  Should I "Restore default settings"?

I also checked all the Sorting Options to Alphabetical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PSE9 is an old version not installed on my present computer. From memory I think it did work about the same as the current PSE2020.

I don't understand why you have to select files to create a new album subcategory. In the current version you simply use the icon on the right of the "My Albums" title in the album/folders panel. That small triangle icon opens a dropdown menu with the option to create a subalbum. Creating or editing albums or sub-albums is totally independent of which files are selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines