• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW COMPUTER PROBLEM

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new computer and moved to Windows 10 from W7.  My guru did not move my Adobe Photoshop Elements to the new computer.  He still has access to my old computer, is it possible to move Elements to my new computer?  My Elements dates back to 2005 and I am sure I had an upgrade in 2010 or 2011 but any records of such a move are on the old computer.  I do not want to lose all the organization that has gone into the thousands of photos I have, tagging and slide shows.  

Bob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the installation files on disc?  If so, you can install the program on your new computer.  If you downloaded directly from Adobe, you can go to your Adobe.com account and under "Manage your files," click on "Register a product."  This will open up a screen with a link to your download purchase and the serial numbers.

Your guru should backup the catalog on your old computer, using the backup/restore feature of Elements.  The backup should then be restored to your new computer.

If these options are not available, give us more details about where the image files are currently located/copied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been resolved.  My guru managed to install Photoshop Elements for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note to moderator.

I would appreciate it if this thread and my "Slideshows to DVD" thread could be eliminated.

Thanks.

Bobs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines