• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated from elements 18 to elements 2020. Should I now uninstall earlier version or leave both on computer? using windows 10.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get answers relevant to your question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two programs are entirely separate and can safely coexist on your computer (if storage space is not a problem.  The versions also have separate catalogs.  When you installed 2020, it converted your 2018 catalog to a new one.  Your old catalog has been renamed with a suffix of "1" attached.  So, if you open 2018, you will have to browse to that renamed catalog. 

You can consider the 2018 catalog as a kind of backup for your work that may be useful in the future.

BTW, Elements 2020 is actually version 18.  Elements 2018 (which is what I assume you are referring to) is actually version 16.  🤓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for help. I am still new at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but if space is an issue can I delete 2018

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Ok but if space is an issue can I delete 2018"

Not delete, but uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines