Highlighted

New PC Photoshop Elements 14 Editor lag

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new computer and installed Photoshop Elements 14 and Lightroom Cc.  Everything seemed to be working just fine.  Then I got a notification that Photoshop Elements 14 had an upgrade and I said yes and it installed.  Now when I first get an image into the Expert portion of the Elements editor I cannot do anything such as duplicate the image or duplicate the background........in fact......my last used "tool" is still "hanging there" and anything I have clicked doesn't happen. I wait for what seems like a fair amount of time and suddenly it works.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Since I installed Elements and Lightroom I have installed one printer and Topaz Studio.  But, it just seems like it is the Elements update that has caused this conflict.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New PC Photoshop Elements 14 Editor lag

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new computer and installed Photoshop Elements 14 and Lightroom Cc.  Everything seemed to be working just fine.  Then I got a notification that Photoshop Elements 14 had an upgrade and I said yes and it installed.  Now when I first get an image into the Expert portion of the Elements editor I cannot do anything such as duplicate the image or duplicate the background........in fact......my last used "tool" is still "hanging there" and anything I have clicked doesn't happen. I wait for what seems like a fair amount of time and suddenly it works.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Since I installed Elements and Lightroom I have installed one printer and Topaz Studio.  But, it just seems like it is the Elements update that has caused this conflict.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether it will help but you can try deleting the preferences file.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on the button shown below.  Relaunch the Editor and see what happens.

Snap10_2019.04.05_10h30m16s_002_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janeh,

Sorry to hear about the performance issue with Photoshop Elements 14, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located under Photoshop Elements Preferences > Performance, then relaunch the application and let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find the "Use Graphics Processor" in Lightroom and deselected it.  However, even before I did that I was getting a new pop up box that stated "building content & effects".  It does that a number of times before it does my original "click".  I do thank you for responding and hope you and others have further insight.  This is growing beyond my skill level.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 0
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had the "building content and effects" issue.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and so far that problem has gone away.  I suspect it may fix your lag problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think I probably will have to uninstall and reinstall................how did you handle your catalog? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 0
Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janeh88919911  wrote

Yes, I think I probably will have to uninstall and reinstall................how did you handle your catalog? 

Uninstalling does nothing to your catalog. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the organizer, use the menu Edit >> Preferences and set the options in Media-Analysis to turn off 'Run Face Recognition Automatically'. If you don't want the feature, also 'Reset Face Analysis'.

Please let us know if it helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 0