Highlighted

Nik Collection from Dxo won't install in Elements 2018 or 2019

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had success in installing the new Nik Collection from Dxo?  I had it installed in 2019 but it wouldn't install in 2018.  When I tried to reinstall it in 2018, I lost it from 2019 and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall and I can't get it installed.  I have created a "ticket" at Dxo but so far have not had success.

Can anyone let me know, either way, is it running on your copy of Photoshop Elements?

I have checked and rechecked all of the system requirements and can find no explanation.

Thanks for your input.

I am running Mac OS 10.13.6

Mary Lou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nik Collection from Dxo won't install in Elements 2018 or 2019

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had success in installing the new Nik Collection from Dxo?  I had it installed in 2019 but it wouldn't install in 2018.  When I tried to reinstall it in 2018, I lost it from 2019 and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall and I can't get it installed.  I have created a "ticket" at Dxo but so far have not had success.

Can anyone let me know, either way, is it running on your copy of Photoshop Elements?

I have checked and rechecked all of the system requirements and can find no explanation.

Thanks for your input.

I am running Mac OS 10.13.6

Mary Lou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear that the Nik collection is not installing on Elements 2018 and 2019, have you tried reinstalling Photoshop Elements and then try reinstalling the Nik collection and see if that helps?
You can also try removing 1 version of Photoshop Elements and then try installing the Nik collection and see if it works.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with PSE2019. When installing the Nik Collection, PSE2019 is grayed out and can't be selected as the host application. I have been in contact with DXO support for over a week and, following their suggestions, uninstalled and re-installed Elements 2019, re-downloaded the Nik Collection, open and closed Elements 2019, etc., all with no luck. Tech support has been responsive to my messages, but ball has been in their court for nearly a week now. If I can't get this resolved soon I will be asking for a refund.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to my previous message, DXO was never able to resolve the issue. They issued me a refund after remotely logging on to my computer to remove all vestiges of the Nik Collection. Disappointing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Nik Collection that was made freely available by Google is still available here.  You may want to give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message, Greg_S. I gave it another shot and tried the trial version today and it worked!

I don’t know whether this is relevant, but one difference between today and the time when I was unsuccessful (other than installing the trial version rather than the purchased version) is that my previous attempt to install Nik was with PSE 2019 for the Mac purchased from the Apple App Store. It turns out that version differs from the version purchased from Adobe in certain ways not affecting functionality. For example, the version purchased from the Apple App Store doesn’t come with a serial number, and updates to the program can only be installed through the Apple App Store. When I learned this I returned that version of PSE 2019 to Apple and re-purchased it from Adobe. The Adobe version was what I was successful with today. I don’t know whether that made any difference, but I mention it in others are in a similar situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0