No CS email option so I guess I post the email I wanted to send

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really tired of seeing this message

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager         CTRL/Clicked on

Took me to   https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Happens every time I try.  I get so frustrated, I just don’t bother with updates.  The problem is, the update notification for Raw constantly pops up and wants me to download and install it.  I don’t even use raw.  I can’t say don’t tell me again.  I have 3 options:  download now; download upon exit or remind me later and remind me it does….it has become very annoying.  When the link takes me to your website, it doesn’t show me anything that has to do with the application manager.  Do you really have to make it this difficult?  If you tell me I need to download something and give me a link, it should take me directly to what you say I need to download.  Not to a page where you are trying to sell me something else.  I should not have to spend my time trying to find the application manager.  I am really getting tired of this.  Round and Round I go and, once when I did find an application manager, it said downloading it wouldn’t work and for me to find the update on your site and download it using your online application manager.  Now I ask you, would you download anything after going through all of that or would you do what I do which is to logout and not bother?  There is also a trust issue.  How do I know I am actually on the Adobe site?  Would Adobe redirect me to something that has nothing to do with the notice I keep getting?  (The answer is probably yes but either way, I have a trust concern.)  The really funny thing is (yes there is actually something funny about this) I was just getting ready to check out your latest Photoshop CS version when the message popped up again.  Needless to say, I didn’t even look at the latest full-version Photoshop.  I use to have CS5 but the laptop it was on died so I have been using Elements.  Even though I have upgraded (starting with 7, I think) every time there is a new version up to 2018, I find a lot of features you refer to as improvements make it harder to use, and get in my way.  If I am working in Expert mode, I should have the option to turn off some of the things that slow me down and/or get in my way so I can’t see what I am doing.  Before you come out with the next version, I think maybe someone at Adobe should contact customers who have been using the product for years and ask them what they like and don’t like about the current version, and what they would consider improvements.  I guarantee, their answers won’t match your product.

NOW,

I need some help from you to either download the application manager (I had no issues until January 2018) or use it on your site.  Or you can tell me how to stop getting the message….You have my phone number, but I will take a chance and give it to you. After all I have gone through, I am still, for now, a loyal customer. I think I

deserve a phone call from someone who is actually going to help me.  A real person who will be able to understand what I am saying and who won’t hang up until this is resolved. 

I do not want emailed instructions because of the trust issue and because I don’t want to go through this all over again if the instructions do not work.  (Unlikely I will get any help)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a user to user forum where Adobe staff occasionally pop in to help. I am a user just like yourself.

Forgive me, but I didn't read all of your message but I gather you are having problems with repeated update messages. If you could answer a couple of questions, someone may be able to help you.

Which operating system are you running on?

Which version of Photoshop Elements are you running?

The link for Application Manager is correct although it says CS it applies to the later versions of Elements.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Louise,

as an addition to Brians words: Actually I thought these people from Adobe could help you, I for my part had the best experiences. If it's not working for you, please search for Adobe's staff members, by writing them a personal message. I got to know them as very helpful. They can often help better than we, we the users like you, some of them have real possibilities for intervention. Please have a look in the forum to persons with this icon under their avatar:

To send them a private message, click into the picture and use the Message button.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines