no custom ranking in organizing pictures only newest, oldest, and import in downloaded elements 19.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded elements 19 and in the organizing section where it asks (ranking) order e.g. newest, oldest, etc there is no custom options, hence I cannot order my pictures in the way that I want.   What are the solutions to this problem.  I am using windows 7 and not 10.

Elmwood

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'custom' sort order is a property of an album. It's available when an album is selected. With that option you can click and drag around your thumbnails in the display panel. Note that 'custom' sort order of files (from any software) is not available to your operating system (Win or Mac). If you want your custom sort order to be available outside of the organizer you can use the usual way, that is to rename the files whan they are shown sorted in the album. You choose the option to name with a leading text followed by an order number; something like 'MyEvent-001'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more