• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no dvd drive

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what has happened? I selected my images to burn to a disk. I clicked on move to and get a dialog box that wants me to choose a location. the only option is OS ( D ). I do not want to back up the files to the opperating system, I want to back up files to a dvd disk. where is the dvd option? right now, I am not able to burn to a physicial disk. why are you not allowing me to use the dvd drive? I have windows 10 computer.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try this method: How to Copy Files to a CD or DVD in Windows 10

But, if you just want to save backup copies of your photos, why not use a USB memory stick. They are available in much higher capacities than a DVD disk. And, the USB does show up in the dialog when you choose File > Copy/Move to Removable Drive in the Organizer.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to use a USB memory stick. Would I need a new memory stick each time I want to back up the photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A USB memory stick is also known as a USB Flash Drive. Here is a guide on How to Use a Flash Drive on Windows 10. Hopefully, that will give you a start to using a USB memory stick. You can use a USB memory stick over and over many times. It can be used very much like a hard drive - you can add files to it and delete files from it. They are relatively inexpensive.

You may be able to use the same USB stick for numerous backups. It all depends on the disk size of your photo collection that you want to backup and the size of the USB stick.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade from Windows7 to Windows 10?

If so, the link supplied by @Walter_H  gives the explanation. The ability to burn DVDs was provided by Windows 7 and removed from Windows10. If you want to burn disks, You  have to use third party softwares. I have installed Express Burn for instance, but that's a long time I have been burning DVDs, since I much prefer using USB memory sticks and external USB drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a thumb drive as well and purchased an external drive last week. I don't have any blank DVD disks.

My new HP computer (WIN10) does have a CD-DVD drive. When I type "Windows Media Player" in the search box, lower left, an app comes up which appears to have the ability to "Burn."

Just posting this for information ,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that out, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I -----  I ------ I did not upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.  Microsoft DID IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.  It was just done automatically a couple of years ago and I HATE it. !  I will check out Express Burn, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines