Highlighted

No Face-Recognizion in videos (in PSE 2020)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons I bought PSE 2020 (before I used 2019) was because it can now recognize faces in videos. I found the option to enable this feature. But PSE does not find any face in any of my videos. It seems as if it is not looking for it either. When I add new photos to the catalog, I get the message that "x of y photos were searched for faces. For videos I don't get this message.
Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any experience with this new feature?
It would be the second new feature in PSE 2020 that doesn't work (I also have unsolvable problems with HEVC). Then there is hardly any reason left for other customers to switch to this version.

I was patient for several hours. Finaly - after posting my question - there was the first video taged with a name! So ... if you have the same question like me ... I will see no message telling you, that PSE is still working. But it is. So wait a long, long time (depending on yur videos, I guess) ... finally it will work. 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Face-Recognizion in videos (in PSE 2020)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons I bought PSE 2020 (before I used 2019) was because it can now recognize faces in videos. I found the option to enable this feature. But PSE does not find any face in any of my videos. It seems as if it is not looking for it either. When I add new photos to the catalog, I get the message that "x of y photos were searched for faces. For videos I don't get this message.
Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any experience with this new feature?
It would be the second new feature in PSE 2020 that doesn't work (I also have unsolvable problems with HEVC). Then there is hardly any reason left for other customers to switch to this version.

I was patient for several hours. Finaly - after posting my question - there was the first video taged with a name! So ... if you have the same question like me ... I will see no message telling you, that PSE is still working. But it is. So wait a long, long time (depending on yur videos, I guess) ... finally it will work. 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
Phinny LATEST
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Elements forum might be a better place to get help with video questions.  I'm not trying to run you off mind you, just a friendly heads up.  Someone in here may be able to help if you're patient.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0