• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No lens data in metadata area of Elements Organizer?

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently testing Adobe Photoshop Elements for use with Panasonic MFT cameras and lens, coming from Apple Aperture. I'm wondering that I did not find any lens data (except focal length etc) in the metadata section of Elements Organizer when I view a photo. Searching in Organizer's options and settings does not lead to a point where it can be enabled or viewed separately outside the metadata area. It is important for a photographer - I think not only for me - to know if a 25mm focal length comes from a fixed focal lens, a zoom lens and from which kind of zoom lens: one for $2000 or $300.

Is this a planned non-existing feature or a bug? How or when will it be possible to view lens data in Elements Organizer?

Hans (from Germany)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you open a file in the Editor and look at the File>File Info dialog, you will find the size of the lens but not its make or model number.

I don't think this would be considered a bug.  It would be more of a feature limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines