• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No titles for tools in Toolbox column

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop Elements 15 and have noticed that in the Toolbox column there are no titles grouping the tools.  For example, ENHANCE for the enhancing tools, DRAW for the drawing tools MODIFY for the modifying tools, etc.

In my toolbox column these are blank although the tools are properly there.  Is there a way to turn these titles on?

Thanks  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Yes 1024 x 768 is the minimum requirement, but in order for pse 15 to work at lower display resolutions such as your 1366 x 768, certain compromises have to be made, like not showing the tool group titles in the toolbox.

On my own laptop when i set the 1366 x 768 resolution, the toolbox titles don't appear, but when setting the resolution to

1280 x 800 or 1600 x 900 the titles do appear in the toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually happens if your running a low screen resolution.

What operating system are you using and what is the screen resolution of your computer set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 and my screen resolution is 781x439

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that's a low resolution.

What kind of computer or device are you using?

If you go to your desktop. right click and click on Display Settings and then in the next screen click on Advanced Display Settings are you able to set a higher screen resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another check (via Windows 10 display) shows screen resolution is set at 1366x768.

I got previous screen resolution (781x439) sent to you from whatmyscreenresolution url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's more like it 1366 x 768.

It seems that the height needs to be at least 800 pixels to display the names, so 768 is just a bit short and that's why your not seeing the names in the tool box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The display resolution specified on the software box for PS15 states 1024x768.  Is this a minimum requirement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 1024 x 768 is the minimum requirement, but in order for pse 15 to work at lower display resolutions such as your 1366 x 768, certain compromises have to be made, like not showing the tool group titles in the toolbox.

On my own laptop when i set the 1366 x 768 resolution, the toolbox titles don't appear, but when setting the resolution to

1280 x 800 or 1600 x 900 the titles do appear in the toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines