Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No uninstaller listing for Elements 2020

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed and looked at the trial versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements 2020. I decided to to upgrade at this time. I uninstalled Premiere Elements using Revo Uninstaller. But when I went to uninstall Photoshop Elements, there was no listing inRevo or in the Programs and Features in windows. I am running Windows 10 Home. Is there any cleanup tool or any way to reinstate the add/remove entry.

Thank you,

Kevin

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

You do not need to uninstall trial version of an app if you want to upgrade to it. I'd suggest that you use Adobe CC Cleaner tool to uninstall Photoshop Elements 2020 from your computer and then reinstall it. See this article for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

For information about reinstalling the app, see https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/download-install-photoshop-elements.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for a key typo in my original post. I meant to write that I decided NOT to upgrade at this time. I already looked at the cccleaner tool. It only applies to CC applications and the instructions for Elements programs is to use the uninstaller, which is now missing.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe CC Cleaner tool is very confusing, but it CAN uninstall Elements programs.  Once you get through the first 2 screens, you should have something like this as your options:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.01.12_12h36m59s_003_.png

I know its scary, but choose 1 [All].

This should then bring up the following screen with any Elements versions you have installed:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.01.12_12h38m00s_004_.png

Enter the line number that corresponds with the version you want to delete and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh - thank you for this. I stopped at that first screen when I didn't see Elements there. I'll try again soon.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know whether it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no, this did not work. It appeared to go through the motions and had no messages indicating trouble, but Elements 202 is still there and working. 

I ran the cleaning tool again to get the location of the log file. This time there was no entry for Elements 2020. There was nothing in the log to indicate why it didn't work.

My existing version of Premeire Elements is 11. I did notice that the entry for that in the cleaner tool was rather cryptic. Perhaps this older version is confusing the tool in some way?

It looks that I'll uninstall my old version, delete any remaining Adobe folders, run som registry cleaners, and reinstall my old version. And not bother with any trial versions on the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger That! Greg.

You're the man!!

Gene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevink, have you tried the Microsoft Uninstall Troubleshooter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

I hadn't heard of this before and just tried it. I would need to know the registry product key for PS Elements 2020 for it to have a chance of working. Google searches only turn up references to the install product key.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin, are you having any problems related to Elements 2020 at present?  If it is still running on your machine, why don't you just delete the program folder from C:\Progam Files (and also the AppData folder).  If you're having some other problem, please describe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines