• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video has smart tag v2020

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useing elements 2020 NONE of my imported videos hve any smart tags. Preferences are set to do all media analysis. This is true on two different computers... one an I3 and the other Intel Core I7 @320 GHz, Coffee Lake technology.  Files range from old mp4 from 8mm, hi 8mm, to 4K drone footage. I found no way to select one or some clips and force the smart tagging.

Any help would be appreciated. (Barring a fix is there a way to  get a refund from Adobe? I purchased the program today).

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you only purchased the program today, you haven't given the program enough time to perform the analysis (unless you only have a few hundred media files).  Your photo files will be analyzed first and you should see the status of face recognition in the lower right bar. This will be followed by face recognition of your video files which can take days, if not weeks.

It is not clear to me exactly when the smart tagging takes place and it certainly happens before face recognition is completed. It is also not clear to me in which order images are analyzed. 

How did you determine that there are no smart tags for your media? Did you only look at the context menu or did you go to the Search panel?

And how many media files do you have in your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg_S.

Thanks for the reply. You are right on. The smart tags are beginning to show up. As you stated, I saw the face recognition for photos being applied. After that there was no indication anywhere, that I could see, that more face recognition or smart tagging for video was happening.

You stated: " It is not clear to me exactly when the smart tagging takes place and it certainly happens before face recognition is completed". After the photo face recognition ran it's course, all I saw was 'My Catalog 1'. This is what led me to believe nothing else was happening. Unless I am missing something, it would be nice if the program visually indicated that smart tagging of video is happening and could take some time.

Btw: I have 1960 video files now.

Do you know if the smart tagging on video continues when the program is shut down? I suspect not. Also, other than right clicking on individual video thumbnail, how would we know when the process is complete? (It was the right clicking on the thumbnail that showed, at the time, if smart tagging had occured).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines