• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough RAM space on new laptop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled PSE 2018 on my new laptop. When I try to save a practice photo, I get a pop- up stating that I don't have enough RAM memory! My laptop has 850 of free GB. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this correct Dec 2017 answer to a similar question on the web.  Not sure if it's exactly the same issue you're having I didn't read the whole thing.  There may be other ways to fix it too, sorry I can't be more help.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop-Elements/Photoshop-Elements-2018-memory-problems-unable-to-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to look for answers. Hopefully Ill find something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think with the 850gb you mean disk space. That is something else as RAM (internal memory). 
if it's a new laptop I would think that the RAM space would be something like 4 or 8 GB. 
So if it's disk space you need, you could try to remove software you don't need. If it's RAM, first check how much you have against the specs of PSE and if possible you can add ram (hardware) to the laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about as computer illiterate as can be. It's a new laptop that has 4GB DDR4 system memory and 1TB hard drive storage, whatever all that implies. There's barely anything on it. I'm learning PSE and was able to save a project with no problem. When I went to save another project 3 minutes later, I was not able to. I kept getting the "not enough RAM memory" pop up. I've read through some of the solutions, but they all appear very intimidating and beyond my know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bea, I hope you're still checking back for a helpful response.  I'm maybe not the most qualified to help zero in on a solution for you but I can try.  Open up PSE again, we'll skip opening any images for now.  Just click the "Edit" menu, then select "Performance" from the list that pops out.  Here's what that window looks like on my computer.  Please tell me what the settings are on yours, thanks.

Performance.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bea, my bad.  Click Edit to select Preferences.  In the Preferences pop-out menu, select Performance.  Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you suggested and I wasn't able to open preferences. I got another pop up that said, "An integer between 50 amd 8 is required. Closet value inserted." I have NO idea what this is about. This is frustrating, since my laptop is brand new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but they all appear very intimidating and beyond my know how."

Do you have a friend that is able to follow the registry edit procedure and do it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you may need to buy an upgrade. Adobe really do expect people to buy a new version each year, and the old versions are completely abandoned as soon as it is done. Best to know this is how software works and budget for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines