• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough RAM???

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements for many years and currently have Elements 14.  I have never had a problem with it until a few days ago.  Now, layers don't show, unsharp mask doesn't work and I can't save anything.  All I get is a message that there is not enough RAM.  I tried to go to preferences to see if some how the allocation had changed itself but the preferences tab is not there.  I deleted Elements and reinstalled it.  Nothing helps. Now what?

@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leam,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

It seems you are facing performance issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Please read & follow this article .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for Elements 14..  Adobe broke it.  Please tell me how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leam14429372  wrote

This did not work for Elements 14.. 

Yes it does. For PSE14, 15 and 2018 as well as Photoshop. So many positive posts about this every day in this forum.

Adobe broke it

So, you believe Adobe did take hold of your computer and changed the code for your software?

That's ecxactly what Microsoft did for Windows 10.

Your PSE14 works perfectly with the OS vesion it has been built and tested upon. If you can't go back to the previous Windows 10 version, ask from Microsoft.

Adobe provides the registry workaround which works when properly executed (and, according to several testimonies, it makes your old software more responsive).

Please tell me how to fix it.

You should check your registry edit to see if it is exactly what it should be.

For instance, I made an error when correcting my 2018 version: I applied the key to the 15.0 version (PSE15) instead of 16.0 (PSE 2018). Soon discovered and repaired.

To check if the available memory to your PSE editor version has been imporoved, use the menu Help >> System Information of the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this change needs to be made expressly to an entry in the Elements 16 registry folder. What does one do if this is not a folder in one's registry. Per the image below their is no 16

As such do I need to make the 16 folder or get it generated by installing software I have never had or used? If I need to create it what other entries/words/keys  need to be in that location. If I need to DL something, why and what would be the smallest application to do so? I do not want to have to have several versions of software or buy new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your version the Windows Store version?

If that's the case, look at the 3rd paragraph in the link above:

Note:

If you have installed Photoshop Elements from Windows App Store, then you will not have the above-mentioned folder structure. You must create the specified folder structure within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

folder in your registry. The Photoshop Elements version number depends on the product’s version installed on your system. For example, for 2018 the folder name should be 16.0, for version 15 the folder name should be 15.0, and for version 14 the folder name should be 14.0.

I don't have the Windows App Store myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out how to properly create the folder mentioned in section 3 - is there additional direction you can provide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich hatte genau das gleiche Problem. Ich habe nun das letzte Windows Update auf die vorherige Windows 10 Version

in Einstellungen, Updateverlauf, zurückgesetzt. Jetzt fluscht PSE 14 wieder.

Viele Grüße Volker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Photoshop Elements after the April 2018 update of Windows 10 with an incorrect error message saying "not enough RAM". The consensus on line was that one needed to change the Preferences but in common with many others when I clicked on “Preferences”, I got the message “An integer between 50 and 8 is required” and then the screen was frozen. I repeated this several times and the result was the same both with PSE14 and even when I bought PSE 2018 yesterday as an upgrade.

Today I contacted Adobe support, used the chat service and they said they would fix the problem in 10 minutes remotely. They did! 🙂

My PSE 2018 is now working again and I can save changes to photos. Hooray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it myself in less time..my unproductive 4 hour chat with Adobe last

week ended with me being told to folow the instructions on editing for lack

of a better word the registry folder for PSE 2018...it was so easy and

simple it literally took less than 2 minutes

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 10:22 AM MichelBParis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. You are more adventurous than me. Well done. Anything that says 'make changes to the registry' (and I see that many people have followed this from the Adobe forum) does give an amateur like me me the jitters as I'm fairly sure that if, like me, you don;t really know what you are doing or how the registry works, it is best to keep a copy of the registry before you start and a make restore point in Windows just in case anything goes wrong. Pleased that it worked for you OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you access chat please, I have exactly the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this may be a stupid question but how do you contact the chat services I cant seem to figure that part out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access this article in April 2020 and link does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines