• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not prompted for serial # on installation

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements 2019 on Dec 15, 2018. I installed it today (01/12/2019). During downloading and installation I was not prompted for a serial number. Downloading and installation went fine, except for the serial # thing. The question is: what do I do now - should I uninstall the software and try downloading and installation again?I do have a redemption code and from it I got the 24 digit serial #.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Yes.  You can double check this:

At the menu at the top, click "Help."

If it says "Sign out" you are already signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had you installed it before on the same computer?

Does it run with a message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a new computer – a Windows 10 machine. Photoshop has never been installed on this machine before. During the installation process I received 0 messages re serial numbersetc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use the Help Menu?

Don't you see an option "sign in", just under the option "Manage your account?"

That's the way you "activate" or "deactivate" the licence for the computer you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m finding the Adobe website difficult. Last night I found a place (I don not know where) to sign in, which I did. Previous to this I had used my redemption code to get my 24 digit serial #. I entered this in the ‘Manage your Account’ section. All this happened after I had installed the new software. Doies this mean that I have activated the licence for my new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johna14769956  wrote

I’m finding the Adobe website difficult. Last night I found a place (I don not know where) to sign in, which I did. Previous to this I had used my redemption code to get my 24 digit serial #. I entered this in the ‘Manage your Account’ section.  All this happened after I had installed the new software. Doies this mean that I have activated the licence for my new computer?

If the option is no longer "sign in" but "sign out", that means that you are correctly activated.

It's good to know that you can install Elements and activate on two different computers (not to be used at the same time, for instance a desktop and a laptop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I installed Photoshop was when #10 came out – a long, long time ago. Things have certainly changed! Question: How did I get to the ‘Manage your account’ section in the first place – where did I sign in – and I’m confused by your statement ‘if the option is no longer “sign in” but “sign out”, that means your are correctly activated’. And if I have truly activated the licence, does this mean that I don’t have to worry about uninstalling the new software? Like I said, things have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "if you see Sign Out instead of Sign In" part means if you have successfully signed in and so now the option has changed to Sign Out then you are signed in and should be licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are licensed then you don't have to uninstall the new software.  The software that runs in trial mode is the same that runs in licensed mode, so you don't have to install another version if you're licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Editor.

From the drop down box, if it says "Sign in" enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say ‘Open the Editor’. Just where is the editor. Let’s start at the beginning -at www.adobe.com <http://www.adobe.com> – and go from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You License the software in the software, not on the website, so start Photoshop Elements on your computer and go to the Editor not Organizer if it doesn't already start in the Edtior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes, yes! Did that. Was asked for, and entered, the 24 digit serial number. Does that mean I’m good to go – I don’t have to worry about uninstalling etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  You can double check this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did as per instructed. At the bottom of the HELP menu it said “sign out”. So I must be OK. Many, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines