• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing is easy with Adobe

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 online and downloaded the software, which took an extremely long time for the size of the file.  After installation I selected the Photo Editor and came to the screen where the serial number is entered.  I entered my number and the screen disappeared and that was it, nothing else happended.  I tired this several times with the same end result.  I even restarted the pc and tried again with the same result.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slow download speed you experienced and associated issues in the registration screen might point to your wireless router needing a reboot.  I hope that's all it is.  Otherwise, see if this troubleshooting info helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded another copy of Elements 2020, removed my first install and then install the newest download.  Everything is fine until I get to the screen saying I have 30 days free trial or I can enter a license.  Neither the serial number or continue to trial works.  The screen disappears and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chzuck, I don't know if there are substantive differences between these two installers but they're definitely different in size.  In an infintesimally small number of cases, perhaps owing to coincidence, a few users have reported successful installs using one and issues with the other.  Not sure which was which so try them both.

Installer A (2.39 MB)  --  Installer B (3.4 MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both.  Install seems to go as it should until I enter my serial number, then it says not responding and the screen disappears and nothing else happens.  I even tried continue with free trial and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible your machine isn't connecting with Adobe's activation server (Host server) due to your network settings or your firewall.  It's just a wild guess and over my head.  Hopefully someone more qualified can jump in here to help figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled my antivirus and firewall and trying a re insall.  If that does not work, how do I get a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's your info on refunds, chzuck.  Hopefully this has a happier ending than that but I understand not wanting to keep software if you can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally was able to install with the help of an Adobe tech.  I had to first unintalle all Adobe software and run Adobe CC cleaner tool.  Later I removed the software to install on another PC and had issues again.  Elements would only run via administrator.  So, I removed all Adobe software and looked through the PC files for anything with Adobe connected and removed it.  Amazing how much junk Adobe plops on a PC.  Reinstalled Elements and now I do not need to run in Administrator, but I think the PC runs in administrator on it s own becasue a permission screens appears before the program runs.  I should really learn how to use GIMP!  Adobe software is just too problematic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines