• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OAP lost in Adobe space

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have PS Elements Prem on window vista which is broken scrap, can I use this program on windows 10.

I spent 5 hours been past around using live chat they have found multi licences i have reg over 20 years but they want me to buy a new expensive monthly program plan which i cant afford i have the original cd but not a cd player on my lap top will elements 6 run on windows 10 thank all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tip, not an answer on whether that ancient software will run (I'm not hopeful).

Plug-in CD players are inexpensive and easy to use. It can stop your valuable CDs from becoming coasters. But not make old apps run in new systems: part of the joy of upgrading is getting all new apps. Apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for responding to my message this is very help full it looks like I need to buy a new package.

I was left battered by the time 4 different so could Adobe online help staff had finished passing me around 3 hours I will never get back I have 3 different programs registered with them I thought I could use one off them our have a discount of a new elements program thanks again all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for responding to my message this is very helpfull it looks like I need to buy a new package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

You are actually in the wrong  forum,  this one being for the full Photoshop, but I can move your thread to  the right location.   Elements 6  is getting on a bit now.  The system requirements  don't specifically mention Windows 10, but it did not  exist when thos requirements were written.  The Elements forum people  will have a better idea  than  me.

Photoshop Elements system requirements

It  sounds like the help desk people were  trying to sell  you  a Photoshop  Creative Cloud subscription.  You can get the Photography plan which would give you Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Media Encoder, Typekit and other stuff I will have forgotten about, for $10 a month.  I'm thinking it would be _very_ different  to what you are used to though.

You can still upgrade to Elements 2019 for a one off payment of US$99 (I think — I am in New Zealand), but there are alternatives like Krita which is completely free.  Krita is designed more for digital art than photo editing and organisation.

Krita | Digital Painting. Creative Freedom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know whether Elements 6 will work on Windows 10.   It's not clear from your post which programs you are inquiring about.  There is Photoshop Elements which handles images, Premiere Elements which handles video and you can also have both.  Currently, in the US, Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are on sale for $69.99 each, and you can purchase both for $99.99.  (This is for a one-time purchase rather than for a subscription.)

What were your problems in installing Elements 6 on your new machine?  Maybe we can help you figure it out.  And maybe somebody in this forum will know for sure whether Elements 6 can actually be installed on a Win 10 machine.

Also, if you tell us what you intend to use the program for, we can tell you whether it will be worth your while to upgrade to the latest version, no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg_S.  wrote

I really don't know whether Elements 6 will work on Windows 10.   It's not clear from your post which programs you are inquiring about.  There is Photoshop Elements which handles images, Premiere Elements which handles video and you can also have both.  Currently, in the US, Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are on sale for $69.99 each, and you can purchase both for $99.99.  (This is for a one-time purchase rather than for a subscription.)

What were your problems in installing Elements 6 on your new machine?  Maybe we can help you figure it out.  And maybe somebody in this forum will know for sure whether Elements 6 can actually be installed on a Win 10 machine.

Also, if you tell us what you intend to use the program for, we can tell you whether it will be worth your while to upgrade to the latest version, no matter what.

PSE6 works fine on my Win 10 PC.

You'll need the original installation media. The license key is linked to that original media. You may have to run the software in compatibility mode. I don't recommend using such an old version, but it can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines